Benefits of EnviroStars Certification
Eighty percent of the residents surveyed across five Puget Sound area counties said that they prefer to support environmentally-minded businesses, like EnviroStars. Certified businesses are recognized with a 2- to 5-Star rating, and can use the EnviroStars logo to show they've had our objective third party assessment. This provides an easy way for the public to identify local businesses they want to support.
People want to know, are you certified yet?
The EnviroStars window decal, logo, and certificate help you communicate your commitment to be environmentally responsible. The more proactive your efforts to reduce hazardous materials and waste and to incorporate green business best practices, the more benefits you can receive:
- Website listings and links
- Highlights in radio advertisements
- Profiles in local newspapers
- Achievement award nominations
- Promotion at community and trade events
There are more than 700 EnviroStars certified businesses in cities throughout the region – from Seattle to Spokane. Certification is provided by Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Pierce, Spokane and Whatcom counties in Washington state.
Download the EnviroStars introductory brochure for more information.
Check out the variety of benefits experienced by EnviroStars certified businesses:
- FREE advertising and promotions;
- FREE technical assistance and consultation;
- Association with respected EnviroStars brand;
- Share ideas with like–minded business and community leaders;
- Financial incentives for more environment–friendly products and equipment;
- Demonstration of new products and technologies;
- Increase competitive advantage with "green-minded" customers;
- Protect worker health and safety;
- Inspire innovations in product and service design;
- Protect water quality, conserve energy, and reduce climate changing gas emissions;
- Reduce, recycle and prevent waste;
- Discover operational efficiencies;
- Increase customer loyalty;
- Increase employee retention and awareness;
- Improve industry standards.